Auto Repair Services
Chances are, you don’t think much about the engine of your vehicle until it needs servicing. Engines are at the heart of keeping your vehicle running smoothly and the engine of your vehicle needs regular maintenance. Here at General Muffler & Auto Supply, we are proud to be your local Connecticut engine experts. We have over seventy years of experience in engine repair, serving the New Haven county CT & valley area.
Our Auto Repair Services:
- Vehicle emissions testing
- Engine diagnostics
- Engine repair
- Muffler repairs
- Routine tune-ups
- Transmission repair
- Vehicle maintenance
Here are some engine maintenance tips:
- Change your oil regularly (every 3,000-5,000 miles).
- Check your oil filter every time the oil gets changed.
- Make sure your coolant level stays full.
- Don’t forget to check that your air filter is clean.
- If you see fluid under your car, check to see if it’s oil or antifreeze (if it is, it’s time for a visit to the mechanic as soon as possible!)
- Trust your nose—your sense of smell may alert you to engine issues before you’ll see a leak.
- Don’t let your gas tank get all the way empty—you want to avoid overloading your fuel filter with sediment.
- The check engine light is your friend. Even though you might dread seeing automotive warning lights come on, they are a useful indicator to take your car into the mechanic for engine repair or other issues before they get worse (and cost you more money!)
If your engine is in need of repair or servicing, it’s time to take it to General Muffler & Auto Supply. We are open from 8:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday and from 8:00am-4:00pm on Saturday. When you don’t have the time to wait, we offer same day service.
Contact General Muffler Today!
Our auto repair shop at General Muffler & Auto Supply will be glad to answer any questions you might have about your engine. Contact us today at (203) 735-6406 for the best auto service in the Ansonia, CT, Derby, CT, and Seymour, CT area!